What have I learned in 2018
- It’s ok to be single. Friends are better than a struggling relationship.
- You should research therapist and doctors. It’s ok to switch to seek the doctor that works and listens to you. Second opinions are also ok. (Doctors are human, and they do make mistakes. There are issues with similar symptoms.)
- Good deeds go a long way. They can be as simple as give money or complicated as giving your time to help someone living situation.
- Celebrities have the same issues as an “average Joe.” They have depression, anxiety, panic attacks. They get nervous and can worry about roles. They have diet issues and can get sick. They even have problem with sleep and some even go to therapy.
- Life is short, be Happy! I have learned that happiness is up to you. It is that simple. (Pursue things that make you happy.)
What I want to do in 2019
- I want to finish several of my writing projects. (I will have my writing goals on my blog http://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com/ )
- I want to make more friends. (I guess I need to socialize a bit more.)
- I want to help others. (So many has helped me this year, I want to give back.)
- Make my body healthier (Yes, I know lower soda, walk, and sleep more.)
- I want to get a better place to live, more space. (Hopefully with a cat or two.)
I’ve been tired for days, but Christmas went well.
I’m a mixture of European, but my father’s side has Slovak in it, and we follow a Christmas soup (saurkuat and mushrooms etc.) tradition. Its to be made on Christmas eve. Its a required taste, and yet it does not feel like Christmas without it. I made it this year, and it turned out really good. Our neighbors even liked it.
Then I helped cook Ham on Christmas.
Between the cooking, salty meats with my gout, I’ve been pretty tired and swollen.
I hope everyone’s holiday went well.
I get compliment and thanked for different things. I try to put others before myself. I have a few skills. . . . Music, writing, cooking etc.
These are my greatest compliments I was given. . .
1. You are a gifted and/or awesome writer. You have so much talent and tell a twisted, creative story. Keep writing. Please don’t stop writing. (I try to write as much as I can. I try my best to ignore the others who say I write too much.)
2. Thank you for being an open and/Or honest person. (I believe in honesty, no point in lying. It will catch up with you and cause a mess.)
3. You are an awesome cook. I love (fill in the dish, I make a lot.) I love
4. I look forward to your future blogs, stories, messages or e-mail etc. (This one is my top 5 because it means the person wants to see or read more of me.)
5. Thank you for replying back. (Its simple, but to me it’s just matters. If you took the time to read my profile and message at least I can do is thank you for your time, even if I’m not interested. It helps for closure and for the other to move on. I hate to be hanging, waiting for a reply that would never happen, it’s rude.)
You sing so well. I love your voice. (I enjoy singing and I’ve had 14 years of vocal training and won many awards. I had ear isdyes some just sing karaoke and myself now.)
I’m sorry this post is late, but just before Thanksgiving I got gout, and I’ve been healing and sleeping ever since.
We had a good Thankgiving holiday in which I’m very thankful for. However there was no drama just family, friends, food and laughter. (It was nice, but I was waiting for someone to breakout or a couple bickering in the background, but just enjoy each other and food. Its sad that I’m used to that around the holidays.)
I’ve been sleeping a lot just to heal my painful ankles.
Day 29: What do you think of your teeth and your smile? Do you like them and if so, why? If not, how can you view them more positively?
I used to love my teeth. When I was young I had them capped due to issues I had when I slept, but the caps started to chip a few years back. I need to get them done again, but my dentist is pushing every procedure but it.Sigh.
I used to sing and I used to have a big toothy smile, but now not so much.
My face is the first thing people usually noticed about me and yes i do have teeth problems, but majority are in the back of my mouth. I’m very apprehensive about the whole thing. I hate pain, and many times my teeth hurt
Day 30 Validation is important to our self-esteem. Do others encourage you? If not, what are some ways that you can ask them to so your self-esteem.
My family does help and those who read my writing and blog. . That comment really help my self esteem. It feels like a confirmation that I’m meant to be writing. (Esspecially when I have those who thinks it’s unstable and I’m wasting time writing too much.)
I give myself goals and rewards for myself.
Day 31. Rate your self-esteem on a scale of 1-10?
It was -5 on my lowest day, but currently I’m at 7.
Has your self-esteem improved?
I have learned about myself. I’ve also learned that I am valuable. My sleep issues make my depression and anxiety feel bigger than they are.
Day 23: What is your ideal outcome of this challenge?
1. To learn more about myself.
2. Look at the world more positively.
3. Maybe to spark my creative inspiration for writing (90% of my life evolves around writing, for those who don’t I’m a struggling writer first and everything else second. . . http://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com is my writing blog.)
I was worried that I wasn’t being read.
Still I kept posting, because I need the release. I’ve been tired and kind of discouraged.
I’m glad there are those who read and liked my blogs.
Please enjoy the past pieces and the future one.
Yesterday was my best so far on WordPress with this page.
Thank you to my fellow readers.