Day 6: What are some obstacles that are preventing you from accomplishing your goals?
1. My health including depression and sleep issues
2. My location causes stress
3. My lack of inspiration and motivation (fight depression)
4. Easily distracted
5. Computer is broke
What will you do to overcome them?
1. I’m seeing several doctors working on my health issues day by day
2. I need to get get up and go out more, may inspire me (#3)
3. Find a new band or song or new book to inspire me
4. Time time to write (Can’t wait for Nanowrimo in November )
5. Save some money and get the fan fixed
Day 3: What is one fear or goal that you would like to conquer?
I’m a multitasker, I never have more than one thing.
- I want to complete my writing projects and get them professional published.
I want to fix my health issues.
I want to move on from my deceased ex.
I go to a therapy site that has helped quite a bit http://www.7cups.com
I will admit if I could afford in would try a few of the therapist there and maybe a few new paths.
I’m on the free account and forums really help, the path and the listeners sometime help. However I usually get good feedback and encouragement on the forums.
On one of forums they have a monthly challenge for positivity and building yourself up.
I’m going to post my answers on their and here. I’m going to try daily.
“The challenge is over 31 days, each day presenting a new task, encouraging us to value ourselves and recognize our skills and qualities. The tasks include:”
Day 2: List 5 things that make you smile or happy.
Day 3: What is one fear or goal that you would like to conquer?
Day 4: What do you do to feel better when you’re having a bad day?
Day 5: What’s your proudest accomplishment?
Day 6: What are some obstacles that are preventing you from accomplishing your goals? What will you do to overcome them?
Day 7: Do you think you care too much about what others think? If so how can you change that?
Day 8: What is a food you enjoy that makes you feel good?
Day 9: Do you have genuine respect for yourself and who you are as an individual? And if not, how can you change that?
Day 10: Are you happy with your “inner person”? If so, why or why not?
Day 11: Is your self-talk negative or positive? If it is negative, what are some more positive ways to talk to yourself?
Day 12: What’s the last thing you did that made you feel proud of yourself? Why did it make you feel this way?
Day 13: Share about the last time you felt confident in yourself. Why did you feel that confident?
Day 14: Is there someone in your life who makes you feel good about yourself? If so, who and why?
Day 15: Do you like your personal appearance? If so, why? If not, what are some ways you could view yourself differently?
Day 16: Do you have makeup, clothing or an accessory that makes you feel positive about yourself? If so what is it, and how does it make you feel positive?
Day 17: What do you do to feel calmer when you’re stressed?
Day 18: Do you like the way you talk? If so, why? If not, how can you view it more positively?
Day 19: Do you have an activity that makes you feel alive and good within yourself?
Day 20: Has your self-esteem improved with doing this challenge so far during the month? If so, how? If not, why not?
Day 21: Name at least 5 things that you are good at.
Day 22: Which of your skills or abilities to you pride yourself on?
Day 23: What is your ideal outcome of this challenge?
Day 24: Do you compare yourself to others? How can you be more focused on yourself?
Day 25: If you met a person that was just like you, would you like them? If so, why? If not, how could you view the person more positively?
Day 26: When was the last time you were too hard on yourself? What do you think you could have done to treat and comfort yourself instead?
Day 27: What is the main barrier to you having positive self-esteem? How can you break free from it?
Day 28: What do you consider to be healthy self-esteem? Does this match the dictionary definition of healthy self-esteem?
Day 29: What do you think of your teeth and your smile? Do you like them and if so, why? If not, how can you view them more positively?
Day 30: Validation is important to our self-esteem. Do others encourage you? If not, what are some ways that you can ask them to so your self-esteem is improved?
Day 31: Rate your self-esteem on a scale of 1-10? Has your self-esteem improved?
Note: All of the credit goes to http://www.7cups.com
I decided to post my jobs, and skills
Jobs I’ve had
- Baby, pet and house sitter
- Shopper and delivery girl
- Secretary and assistant
- Cook and baker
- Deli clerk
- Cashier (stores and fast food)
- Dinning room cleaner
- Drive thru
- Fry girl
- Computer tester
- Survey taker
- Writer: short stories, novels, blogs
Volunteer jobs I’ve done
- Daycare: toddler
- Assistant teacher
- Professional hospital sitter/visitor
- Club Secretary
- Note taker
- Worked at car show: desk watch ballot box
- Errand runner
- Beta reader
- Haunted house monster
- Carpet cleaner
- Cat caregiver
- Outlining and colored coded note taking
- Cat care
- Goal setting
- List making
- Story-telling:describing a scene
- Clear and honest communication
- Some computers (I’m a bit outdated, but I know basics)
- Word processor 2010 and previous
- Good motivator
- Shopping: getting sales
- I am brutally honest, be careful in the questions you ask.
- I type with three fingers.
- I prefer computers over tablets when it comes to writing, (but I’m writing this blog on a tablet.)
- I can clean, but it’s not my strength. I do not like to clean and if it’s not in job description, I will ask for extra.
- I clean better when I have writer’s block.
- I do not drive, but I do my best to make I’m at all my appointment early.
- Between my insomnia and sleep apnea (mixed with my anemia) makes it hard for me to have a 9 to 5 job.
- I’m logical, creative, and get bored easily. I usually have multi projects going on at once.
- I may look messy, but in creative mode I know where everything is.
- If my room or desk is clean, then I have writer’s block.
- I have mood swings, and sometimes it hard for me to work with others.
Since I accidentally posted on my previous blog, I’ve gotten more readers, so I’m doing more blogs on that blog. (More fan fiction, maybe personal stories, poems, rants etc)
I do plan to work on blog series about online dating on this blog.
I also will work on my muses on my writing blog.
So please check out all three blogs.
August will be my blog writing month.
- Word count by December 31, 2018 (400,000)
Finish “Driving Lies“
- Get my computer fixed
- Get a new cord for my computer
- Fixed my sleep apnea
- Help mom with diet
- Walk three times a week
- Work on getting a daily word count of 3000
- Work on wattpad account
- Write more stories
- Research and get a new place
- Publish something
- Work on personal project
- Post up to 200 blogs this year (among all my blogs)
Succeed in camp Nanowrimo April 30k
- Succeed in camp Nanowrimo July 30k
- Succeed in Nanowrimo November 50k
- Figure out who I am
Note: some of this list will repeat on my writing goals on my writing http://rebekahquinne.wordpress.com